Thursday, July 09, 2015

The Dozer 260 multirotor

The Dozer 260 quad copter is my new project in order to create a FPV racing multirotor that meets all my requirements. Before this I used a Hobbyking FPV 250 Low Hung frame as fpv racing platform. (see this blog). I was very happy about this frame. But it had one downside. The low hung cage came lose every time you touch the ground or made a little crash.
The goal of this project is to create a multirotor with specs:
- FPV 250 class quadcopter frame
why? Because  a 250 class multirotor is the best fit. A smaller frame would not be able to carry my current electronics (FC, CAM, VTX,...), A larger frame would not be easy to fly in my garden.
- High performance
I'm counting on a 3 to 1 thrust to weight ratio. I got a lot of dys 1806 2300kv motors and 3 cell lipo batteries. In combination with 5 inch props and a total AUW < 650 this should give me the performance I need for racing.
- Durable frame
FPV racing equals to crashes. I don't like to do constant repairs every time I gently touch the ground. A strong frame will result in higher weight.The frame should be strong but not to heavy.
- Clean and dirty section
In all my projects I work with a clean and dirty section. This makes the frame construction more complex and a little bit heavier but it has great results on stability. I can fly my multirotor with unbalanced props and cheap low quality motors.
- DIY
The frame may not be to complex so everyone can join this do it yourself project even if you only have basic handtools. The parts used to build the frame will be parts that are available everywhere, This makes it easy to repair.

No comments:

Post a Comment