Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Top plate (vtx)

 This is the second top plate for the dozer 260 race quad. This section will house the video transmitter (vtx) and on screen display module (OSD).

I used a 1.5mm thick carbon sheet. Width is 54mm. You can vary the length from 70mm to 100mm depending on the space you need to mount your vtx and/or osd module. I'm using a immersion 25mw vtx and E-OSD module from hobbyking. For my multirotor I made this section 100mm long.

The large hole is optional. I use it to mount the vtx antenna. Carbon fiber is condictive, some poeple report damaged vtx modules when attaching the vtx antenna to a carbon fiber frame. Therefore I added a rubber arround the vtx antenna so it can not make contact with the carbon fiber.






These 3D sketches are available on my 3D warehouse sketchup webpage . Select the Dozer 260 FPV race quad copter collection to get al sketches for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment